- Has your opinion of T. Ray changed? Why does he allow Lily to stay with the Calendar Sisters?
- Has your opinion of June changed? Why or why not? Has JUNE herself changed?
- What purpose does the stone wall serve for May and, perhaps, for other characters? The most famous example of a wall where notes/prayers are placed is the Western Wall in Jerusalem [https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Judaism/Western_Wall.html ], but many people have journals which may be another way of writing down your worries and "letting go" of them. Do you think it's symbolic that the wall is made of stone or that it marks the border between the yard and the woods? If so, what does it symbolize?
- If this novel took place in the 21st century, what would change? Why?
- What surprised you the most about this novel? Why were you surprised by this?
Teacher Barb :)