We have representatives from two colleges/universities visiting with us this week:
- Tuesday, the 7th, Megan Gibson will be here to talk to us about Regent University
- Thursday, the 9th, Fran Bright will be here to talk with us about George Mason University.
Menus for the lunch offerings can be downloaded at the right. The Class of 2018 will have lunch available from Taste Unlimited on Mondays; The Class of 2021 offers lunch from SaladWorks on Tuesdays; the Class of 2019 offers lunch from Tropical Smoothie on Wednesdays; and the Class of 2018 offers lunch from Firehouse Subs on Thursdays. Students may order pizza through the main office for lunch on Fridays.
Advanced Composition: Please remember to bring a book to read for SSR, your textbook, and your CHARGED ChromeBook to class each day! We will continue with Chapter 12: “Definition—Establishing Boundaries, reading two selections from out textbook:
- “Introduction” from Nothing Feels Good: Punk Rock, Teenagers, and Emo
- “When Is It Rape?
American Short Story: We will continue with the second unit, the 1950s and 1960s with one last story:
- “The Wooing of Ariadne”
- “The Key”
- “The Flowers”
- “Where Have You Gone, Charming Billy?”
Art History I: This week we continue with the 16th Century and a LOT of reading!
- The High Renaissance 2: Venice
- The High Renaissance 3: North Italy
- Dürer and Grünewald
- Painting in Germany before the Reformation
- Sculpture in Germany: Late Gothic and Italianate
- Netherlandish and French Painting
- Mannerist Painting in Italy 1
- Mannerism 2: The Medici and the French Kings
- Mannerist Sculpture in Italy
- Painting in Venice: Tintoretto and Veronese
- Art in Spain: El Greco
- Art of the Western World: Art History from Ancient Greece to Andy Warhol, Episode 5: “Realms of Light: The Baroque”
Fundamentals of Composition: Reminder: the final draft of the descriptive essay is due on Monday, November 6th! Please remember to bring a book to read for SSR. You also need to bring Strategies for Successful Writing and your CHARGED ChromeBook to class EVERY day. This week we continue with Chapter 8: “Illustration: Making Yourself Clear,” reaing two selections from our textbook:
- “Binge Drinking, A Campus Killer”
- “Rambos of the Road”
The Word I—the Old Testament/Hebrew Bible: First, we will finish watching The Bible Collection: David, and then we will talk about the art assignment using VoiceThread. We will then move on to watching The Bible Collection: Solomon.
This is a B week , and we have a full week of classes!
Teacher Barb :)