- Monday is Ugly Sweater Day; we have an assembly at 10:30 to welcome our new Head of School, Michael Barclay.
- Tuesday is Rock the Red and Green Day!
- Wednesday is wear your holiday hats and socks!
- Thursday we are all wearing blue, white, and silver to celebrate winter, and it's our last Secret Santa/Hanukkah Harry gift exchange and big reveal!
Menus for the lunch offerings can be downloaded at the right. The Class of 2018 will have lunch available from Taste Unlimited on Mondays; The Class of 2021 offers lunch from SaladWorks on Tuesdays; and, the Class of 2019 offers lunch from Tropical Smoothie on Wednesdays. There is no lunch available on Thursday as it is a half day.
Advanced Composition: Please remember to bring a book to read for SSR, your textbook, and your CHARGED ChromeBook to class each day! We move on to Chapter 20: “Business Letters, Memos, Resumés” this week. We will go over the chapter in preparation for the memo you will write concerning your I-Search presentation when we return from vacation! No journals will be due this week.
American Short Story: I asked you to read two stories last week:
- “Top of the Food Chain”
- “Letters from My Father”
- “This is What it Means to Say Phoenix, Arizona”
- “The Intruder”
Art History I: We will watch Every Picture Tells a Story, Episode 1: “Mr. and Mrs. Andrews by Thomas Gainsborough” and then read and then finish with a chapter from the textbook:
- Landscape: View-Painting and the Grand Tour.
Fundamentals of Composition: Please remember to bring a book to read for SSR. You also need to bring Strategies for Successful Writing and your CHARGED ChromeBook to class EVERY day. This week we will review Chapter 18: “The Essay Examination” and you will have time in Writing Workshop t work on your final Literature Project. No journals will be due this week.
The Word I—the Old Testament/Hebrew Bible: We will read three sections from the textbook:
- Chapter 19: Visions of the Future
- Chapter 20: Renewed Commitment
- Unit Feature: The Bible and Shakespeare
I hope you have a great week and a wonderful vacation!
Teacher Barb :)